Find Volunteer Opportunities
We have a number of books and CDs that our clients find useful. If you would like to purchase one or more of these, you can order below. Simply click on the title and you will be taken to Amazon.com, where you can safely and easily purchase the books or CDs.
If you have a specific request for a resource topic, please email us at email@example.com.
- “Parenting from the Inside Out” by Daniel J. Siegel and Mary Hartzell
- “The Whole-Brain Child” by Daniel Siegel
- How to Talk so Kids will Listen by A. Faber and E. Mazlish
- How to Talk so Teens will Listen by A. Faber and E. Mazlish
- “Parenting Teens with Love & Logic”by Foster Cline & Jim Fay
- “The Kazkin Method for Parenting the Defiant Child” by Alan E. Kazdin
- “Beyond Consequences, Logic and Control”- Heather Forbes and B. Bryan Post
- “The Five Love Languages of Children” by Gary Chapman
- “Boundaries with Kids” by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend
- “Why Love Matters: How Affection Shapes a Baby’s Brain”
- “Behind the Wall: The True Story of Mental Illness as Told by Parents”
- My Anxious Mind: A Teen’s Guide by Tompkins
- “When Panic Attacks”- David Burns, M.D.
- “Mindfulness for Teen Anxiety” workbook
- “The Feeling Good Handbook”- David Burns, M.D.
- “Beyond the Blues- A Workbook to help Teens overcome Depression”
- Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life by John Kabat-Zinn
- Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott
- The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion: Freeing Yourself from Destructive Thoughts and Emotions by Christopher Germer
Relationships and Marriage
- The seven principles for Making Marriage Work by John Gottman
- “Keeping the Love You Find” by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D. (great book for Singles)
- “How to Improve Your Marriage Without Talking About it” by Patricia Love
- “Passionate Marriage” by David Schnarch
- “What Makes Love Last” by John Gottman, Ph.D.
- “After the Affair: Healing the Pain and Rebuilding Trust” by Janis Abrahms Spring, Ph.D.
- “If the Buddha Dated” by Charlotte Kasl, Ph.D. (great book for Singles)
- “The Five Love Languages” by Gary Chapman
- “Love & Respect”
- “Hold Me Tight” by Sue Johnson
- “How to Avoid Falling in Love with a Jerk” by John Van Epp
- “The Boy Who Was Raised As a Dog” by Bruce Perry and Maia Szalavitz
- “Helping Abused and Traumatized Children” by Eliana Gil
- “Clinical Essentials of Pain Management” by Robert Gatchel
- “Psychological Approaches to Pain Management” by Dennis C. Turk and Robert J. Gatchel
- “The Pain Survival Guide” by Denis Turk, Ph.D. and F. Winter, Ph.D.
Grief and Loss
- “Grief Counseling and Grief Therapy” by J. William Worden, Ph.D.
- “On Death and Dying” by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Borderline Personality Disorder
Teen Self Injury
- “Helping Teens Who Cut”- Michael Hollander, Ph.D.
- “Stopping the Pain- A Workbook for Teens who cut and self-injury”
Books for Kids
- Putting on the Brakes
- The Survival Guide for Kids with ADD or ADHD
- Jumpin’ Johnny Get Back to Work!
- Shelley: The Hyperactive Turtle
- “Everybody is Different”- Fiona Bleach (it is for siblings of autistic children)
American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
American Psychiatric Association – Healthy Minds
American Psychological Association – Mental Health Topics
Brain & Behavior Research Foundation: Research on a variety of mental health disorders – schizophrenia, bipolar, depression, autism, anxiety, PTSD, OCD, ADHD…
Mental Health America
National Alliance on Mental Illness – NAMI
National Institute of Mental Health – NIMH