Perkins Counseling & Psychological Services offers a variety of therapy groups. We are always expanding and rotating our available groups, so be sure to check back frequently to see what’s new or coming up!
*All groups must be registered for to attend. Contact the office to sign up today!
DBT Skills Group for Ages 14-17
• Group Coordinator: Selena Waite, MA/CAS, LPC, LPA, HSP-PA
• Day & Time: Thursdays, 5:30-6:15 PM
• Start Date: Thursday, October 25, 2018
• Cost: $45 per session *Insurance not accepted
• Group meets weekly for 8 weeks total.
• Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) is a type of cognitive behavioral therapy that is especially helpful in identifying and changing negative thinking patterns. The group’s goals are to teach mindfulness skills, emotion regulation skills, interpersonal effectiveness skills, and distress tolerance skills. *Contact the office to sign up today!
Anger Management Classes
*Group will begin in 2019; check back for an official start date for this group*
• Group Coordinator: Dr. Melissa Jackson, PsyD
• Cost: $60 per session or $200 for the full four weeks if paid by the Start Date. *Insurance not accepted for this group.
• Group will meet weekly for 4 weeks total.
• This group will work on targeting problems with anger using Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) techniques. This approach works on changing your thinking to be more effective, while learning other skills such as relaxation and communication techniques. The goals are for each person to learn assertiveness and conflict resolution skills; increase coping skills to manage anger; learn methods to help change thinking to be more positive and rational; and learn relaxation techniques to target emotional and physical components of anger.