We have a number of books and CDs that our clients find useful. If you would like to purchase one or more of these, you can order below. Simply click on the title and you will be taken to Amazon.com, where you can safely and easily purchase the books or CDs.
If you have a specific request for a resource topic, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Parenting from the Inside Out” by Daniel J. Siegel and Mary Hartzell
- “The Whole-Brain Child” by Daniel Siegel
- How to Talk so Kids will Listen by A. Faber and E. Mazlish
- How to Talk so Teens will Listen by A. Faber and E. Mazlish
- “Parenting Teens with Love & Logic”by Foster Cline & Jim Fay
- 1-2-3 Magic for Christians Parents by Phelan Webb
- “The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook: Sixth Edition” by Edmund Bourne, PhD
- My Anxious Mind: A Teen’s Guide by Tompkins
- “When Panic Attacks”- David Burns, M.D.
- “Mindfulness for Teen Anxiety” workbook
- Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life by John Kabat-Zinn
- Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott
- The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion: Freeing Yourself from Destructive Thoughts and Emotions by Christopher Germer
Relationships and Marriage
- The seven principles for Making Marriage Work by John Gottman
“How to Improve Your Marriage Without Talking About it” by Patricia Love
- “How to Avoid Falling in Love with a Jerk” by John Van Epp
- “The Boy Who Was Raised As a Dog” by Bruce Perry and Maia Szalavitz
- “Helping Abused and Traumatized Children” by Eliana Gil
- “Clinical Essentials of Pain Management” by Robert Gatchel
- “Psychological Approaches to Pain Management” by Dennis C. Turk and Robert J. Gatchel
- “The Pain Survival Guide” by Denis Turk, Ph.D. and F. Winter, Ph.D.
- “Grief Counseling and Grief Therapy” by J. William Worden, Ph.D.
- “On Death and Dying” by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- “Helping Teens Who Cut”- Michael Hollander, Ph.D.
- “Stopping the Pain- A Workbook for Teens who cut and self-injury”
Books for Kids
- Putting on the Brakes
- The Survival Guide for Kids with ADD or ADHD
- Jumpin’ Johnny Get Back to Work!
- Shelley: The Hyperactive Turtle
- “Everybody is Different”- Fiona Bleach (it is for siblings of autistic children)
Brain & Behavior Research Foundation: Research on a variety of mental health disorders – schizophrenia, bipolar, depression, autism, anxiety, PTSD, OCD, ADHD…
Help Guide: A non-profit resource – good information on a large variety of mental health topics
Getting tested for ADHD