Group Facilitator: Selena Waite, MA/CAS, LPCA
Start Date: *Group will start when there are enough participants* (Sign up today!)
Day & Time: Saturdays, 1:00 PM- 2:00 PM
Maximum Participants: 7
Cost: (*Private Pay only)
$50 per session
OR $315 total if paid in full by start date.
Intake Session: $135 (If applicable, billed to insurance and responsible for copay, deductible or coinsurance that applies.)
This group is a 7 week long, closed group.
Assertive Communication Skills for Adults Can Help if You:
…Struggle with Social Anxiety
…Are often told that you are too passive, aggressive, or passive-agressive
…Feel like people walk all over you and you cannot speak up for yourself
…Avoid conflict even if avoidance is detrimental to your wellbeing
… Do not speak up because you fear getting emotional, blowing up or fighting with others
…Are unable to seek simple information or request that basic needs be met
…Are often seen as angry or hostile for no apparent reason
… Have difficulty making friends or sustaining relationships due to difficulty communicating
- Learn to differentiate between passive, aggressive, passive-aggressive and assertive communication styles.
- Identify and plan for overcoming stress, social and belief barriers to being assertive.
- Acquire nonverbal and verbal communication skills for being assertive.
- Practice and utilize controlled breathing strategies to cope with anxiety related to constructive and effective confrontation.
- Engage in exercises related to giving and receiving positive and negative feedback.
For more groups offered by PCPS click here.